Sunday, April 04, 2010

CurryWurst

One of the things I miss from home! The good old CurryWurst: "Currywurst (German pronunciation: [ˈkœʁiˌvʊʁst]) is a German national dish consisting of hot pork sausage (German: Wurst) cut into slices and seasoned with curry sauce (regularly consisting of ketchup or tomato paste blended with curry) and generous amounts of curry powder, or a ready-made ketchup-based sauce seasoned with curry and other spices. It is frequently served at German 'Imbissbuden' and from food trucks." [source: wikipedia]
Now they opened a CurryWurst Museum in Berlin --- Kjell

1 comment:

Anna said...

Currywurst is always the first and the last thing I eat when I visit Germany!!! My favorite thing about Currywurst is that in Germany you can now buy currywurst trays made from porcelain that look exactly like the paper tray. I recently added about 15 currywursts to the annual consumption of 800 million in Germany which inspired (and qualified) me to write about Germany’s wurst case scenario … http://freerangingnet.fatcow.com/wordpress/?p=310 :)