Monday, May 12, 2008

I won yesterday ...

I had a solid run. It was a close call. My mom and I drove like 4h from Coeur d´Alene to the Coulee Dam. We started extremly early, getting up at 4am and arrived about 10minutes before the start at 8:30am. I was probably not the best travelcompanien on the way to the race, sorry mom. We arrived, I registered, went to the bathrooms, changed and the race started. I ran hard from the beginning and was leading from the start on. The hill from k 2 to k 4 was though. Running over the Dam, was so much fun and you never get the chance to do that during the year. Thanks to the organiziers [Total Health Events] to make that happen. And than running on the lake was windy, a little lonley, but fun because I was leading. At the turn-arround I had a lead of 7,50 minutes. So I took it easy, sorry Coach Peter, but I just couldn´t push it harder without anyone there. So I finished in 1:20,21h and broke the course-record and won by about 13minutes. Oh the trip back was allot faster and way more fun --- Kjell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kjell,
congratulations! This is quite fast, much faster than I could do it:-) Have a good time and take a rest, Moritz
(Number 5)

IronHamburger said...

Thanks Moritz, BR Kjell