Saturday, February 23, 2008

Done ...


It did it again and it was number 15. And it was though. I struggeled a few times and I´m glad to be done with my job here. Well the awards and so tomorrow, but that is fun. Here I give you a little personal racerepord and it is not ment to be an excuselist, OK! We (Andre and I) got up at 4am and got everything togehter, before we went done at 5am for breakfast. Not a great time and situation for a fun breakfast, but needed. Down to the start, getting everything setup and the pros started at 7:30am. Not a good thing for me. I was allone all the time and got lost with directions. So it took me 5minutes longer out than back. Because the signs back in where allot better. And the worse thing, I swallowed a little pice of jellyfish and v... right away. My stomac was upset and that for the rest of the day. But well, thats Ironman. On my bike I wanted to take it easy at the beginning and I did. Had company and these guys where there for quite a while and all the time behind me of course. At K 125 I had a little heartbeat situation with 2 little boys. They got pissed that I wasn´t giving them my full waterbottles. So they decided to strow a pice of rope at my bike. Lucky me that I ride a discwheal. don´t wanna think about other ...if I was riding a normal wheal! Anway on the run my feet where num at the beginning and I was running painfull and extremly funny, but I managed to fix it and ended up with an solid 4:45-4:50km pace. After a long day I finished 17th out of 700 starters and got 9th Pro. Congratualtions do Andre, he finished just one place behind me 18th, GREAT job. Here are some Impressions from Ironmanlive.comPicture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3 I´m so done --- Kjell

5 comments:

ll said...

Congrats Kjell on getting the job done! An Ironman finish is always a win, but you already must know that with your experience! Keep the good work up!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job and we are very proud of you!
Sinje and Mom

Brumming said...

i never ate jellyfish before - another experience to make ;-)
you did a great race kjell!

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB BABY...I LOVE YOU!!
cant wait for you to be back home..
miss you

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kjell, herzlichen Glückwunsch. Gut gemacht! Wo geht's denn als nächstes hin? Berit