Sunday, November 25, 2007

core training, very important ...

"Core training for triathletes, By Alex Laws
Nov. 13, 2007 -- We have been hearing so much lately about core fitness yet do we really know why we should do it?
Let me give some light on the situation.
I am a former pro triathlete from Australia who went on to study exercise kinesiology 12 years ago. I was introduced to that big round ball that people use to just look at and never use. No one knew really what to do with them and when they would see me and my client doing these obscure exercises on them that thought we were crazy. Twelve years later it has become accepted and well known and more and more people are becoming educated about them. However I feel that swiss balls are still under-used, as it is such and important tool for anyone participating in any kind of sport." [source: triathletemag.com]

No comments: